Location: Sultanpur Lodhi, Kapurthala, Punjab
Work hours: Monday-Saturday, 9am-8pm.; ONE day off (either Sunday or a day during the work week) depending upon project activities
This position will be undertaken as part of the Anād Conservatory project in Sultanpur Lodhi, where the 12th century fort of Qila Sarai is being surveyed with the purpose of facilitating its appropriate restoration in the near future.
A period of training for the restoration project of Qila Sarai could be a unique opportunity to participate in a large-scale architectural project aimed at combining tradition and innovation, associating conservation and restoration methods with modern technological approaches for designing rehabilitation and new facilities, integrated in a systemic and holistic vision from landscape to monument.
- Collaboration in the survey campaign of the monuments inside the Qila. This includes preparation of eidotypes, measurements activities and graphical representation of results
- Digital processing of the drawings: plans, elevations and sections, three-dimensional models and diagrams
- Participation in the preliminary analysis and in the design phase
- Support in the analysis at urban and territorial scale
Reporting Relationship: The apprentice will report directly to project architect(s) assigned to this project.
- Completed Masters degree in architecture
- Basic knowledge of methodologies for the architectural survey
- Excellence knowledge of architectural design, rendering and image processing software (AutoCAD 2D and 3D, Rhino or 3DS, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Basic knowledge of international standards for architectural representation
- Good ability to sketch
- Good knowledge of English
- Good knowledge of Punjabi desirable
- Seriousness, strong commitment and sense of responsibility at work
- Deep willingness to learn and the attitude to grasp quickly theoretical data and operational methodologies
- Punctuality and complete compliance with deadlines and assigned tasks
- Ability to organize autonomously the fulfillment of the assigned tasks
- Ability to work in teams and respect for colleagues
- Respect for the workplace and the tools, instruments and materials
- Ability to work under stress for prolonged periods without interruption
This is an unpaid apprenticeship. However, accommodation will be provided for either with a local host family or in the Bebe Nanki Gurdwara Sarai in Sultanpur Lodhi. If the apprentice prefers another form of accommodation, he/she can choose to do so at his/her own expense. Meals will be provided for at the work site on working days only.
How to apply:
Please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Statement of intent (max. 200 words)
- Three A4 size drawings (in pdf) of an architectural project you have worked on previously (including its plans, elevations, sections and ONE detail elaborated upon) along with a short written description of the project (max. 200 words).
You can also contact us on the same email for any queries related to the position. Select candidates will be contacted for an interview either at our site office in Sultanpur Lodhi or via Skype.